Welcome to the Casebrook Intermediate website.
Here at Casebrook we believe that emerging adolescents are a unique age group and we are committed to meeting their needs.
The pace of technological development means that the future is something we can't begin to envisage. As such, its our job to ensure we provide our students with the knowledge and skills that allow them to think creatively and to teach them problem solving techniques to confidently and effectively meet future challenges.
Our learning environment is supported by a
strong focus on values. Through these values we develop within each
student a strong sense of self worth and recognise their importance as a
member of our Casebrook community. Read more...
- Casebrook Summer Tournament Success! Congratulations to all our students and coaches for our outstanding Summer tournament results. Real Casebrook Pride shown yesterday at the various sports and competitions. Results were: Volley Ball - 1ST, Mixed A Touch Rugby- 1ST, Mixed B Touch Rugby - 7TH, Softball - 3RD, Boys Cricket - 3RD, Girls Cricket - 3RD
- Congratualtions Sarita De Gouw: Sarita placed an outstanding second in the Christchurch Intermediate Schools speech competition, held at Cobnham Intermediate on Wednesday night. Her speech was on 'Saving The Bees'. A big thanks to Mark Baker from Toastmasters for his tips and guidance for all of our excellent speech performances this year and to Ms Bev Bell for accompanying Sarita to the finals last night.
- Congratulations Holly Webster Room 7: Holly took part in the 2014 Space Foundation International Student Art Contest.
“My Spaceship Looks Like…,” challenges students to design their own spaceship – and then interpret that idea into an original work of visual art (drawing, painting, mixed media or digital).
The Space Foundation will give a total of 25 awards to 24 winners: 1st-, 2nd- and 3rd- Place for each of age categories. In addition, the Space Foundation will confer a Space Foundation Achievement Award, which will be selected by the Space Foundation graphic arts team from among all the winners. Here is a link to see Holly’s artwork and leave a comment:
- Creativity Plus! Take a moment to check out the amazing art, performance and culture on show in this short but inspiring video about all the awesome things that take place in the creative aspects of Casebrook learning.
- CO2 Car Celebration Day: Come along and watch the CO2 car races this Sunday Dec 1st from 1-4pm.
are some awesome scale models and very quick dragsters competing
against each other in the hall. The track is 20m long and the fastest
cars will complete their races in less than 1 second!
band will be playing, sausages will be cooking and there will be cool
cars to look at. What a great afternoon for the whole family. Everyone
- Year 8 Leavers Function - Information has been sent home with your child today.
- Reach for the Stars: The art brief for the Year 8 extension art students this year was to design and create a sculpture that symbolized students aiming high in their learning. Part of the programme was the selecting of one sculpture to be made into a permanent artwork placed in the new landscape area outside Rooms 9,10,11 & 12.
Congratulations to Georgia Thomas and Emma Ardvison who worked together on the selected sculptures that are now placed for the school community to enjoy. A big thanks goes Shane Kovacs, project manager from Davin Industries who worked closely with the girls to create the finished artwork.
- Casebrook Bandquest Success: Congratulations to Semi Tupai who won the Best Bass Guitarist award at Bandquest this week with our school band 'Limitless'. Grateful thanks go to Steve Fowler for his work with the
- Casebrook Production DVD on sale now: Check out the fantastic You Cant Stop the Beat DVD trailer produced by The Mitchells at EDITWORKS below then pop in or email the office and order yours now!
- Latest Channel C ready for your viewing pleasure: Starring Mrs Page, Relay action, and Room 4, 5 and 6's visits to the CBD. Just click on the Channel C link on the right side of this page.
- Casebrook Otago Problem Solving Success: Congratulations to year seven students, Harry Anderson and Joseph Bull for achieving EXCELLENCE in the Otago problem solving competition this year.
- Casebrook ICAS Mathematics Success: Congratualtions to the following students for their success in the ICAS maths test: Year 7 - Cara Donaldson, Thomas Black, Alex Foot, Micael Tusani (Credit) Harry Anderson (Distinction). Year 8 - Sophie Beechey, Tyler Bramao, Quinn Carson, Paddy Russell, Taylin Smith, Onjin Yook (Credit) Brayden Cottom, Mitchell Davies, Minjae Park, Danielle Rutter (Distinction).
- “You Can’t Stop the Beat” DVD available from the school office: This is a film of the Thursday night performance last term. The cost of the DVD is $10.00.
- Congratulations to Keegan McGregor (Rm4) and Sarita De Gouw (Rm9): They have been selected for the Canterbury U13 Boys and Girls Touch team. An awesome achievement and best of luck for your
- Congratulations to Mykilah O'Sullivan from Room 4. She will be
representing herself and the school, playing violin, in the Christchurch
Schools' Music Festival Orchestra on Wednesday 30th, Thursday 31st and
Friday 1st November, at the CBS Arena. This is a great achievement and
we are very proud of her. Casebrook Festival Choir will be performing
with the massed choirs on the Thursday night and will certainly be on
the look out for Mykilah.
- Casebrook Parmco Prize Assembly: Photos from the very exciting delivery of over $14,000 of prizes last week. Thanks again to everyone who voted for us and especially to Parmco for the amazing prizes!
- Enrolling Now!
If you would like to enrol your child, please email the office (email@example.com) and we will make an appointment. Current roll is 416 students.
- Homestays Wanted
We are currently updating our list of homestay families and are looking for caring families who may be interested in hosting an International Student.
If you are interested in hosting a student, either on a short term or long term basis please email the School Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your name and contact details.
From the News Centre